Scouting's alumni record is impressive. A recent nation-wide survey of high schools revealed the following information:
- 85% of student council presidents were Scouts
- 89% of senior class presidents were Scouts
- 80% of junior class presidents were Scouts
- 75% of school publication editors were Scouts
- 71% of football captains were Scouts
Scouts also account for:
- 64% of Air Force Academy graduates
- 68% of West Point graduates
- 70% of Annapolis graduates
- 72% of Rhodes Scholars
- 85% of FBI agents
- 26 of the first 29 astronauts
Other interesting Statistics:
- 104 million The number of members since 1910.
- 1,209,077 The number of adults providing the Scouting program to America's youth.
- 124,660 The number of Cub Scout packs, Boy Scout troops, and Venturing crews.
- 40,029 The number of Eagle Scout badges earned.
- 240 The number of individuals who earned a heroism award.
- 1,363,795 The number of subscribers who learned to read or improved their reading skills with Boys' Life magazine.
- 136 The number of chartered organizations the BSA worked with during the year.
- 75,000+ The number of religious emblems earned.